Here are important questions to ask a potential marketer:
- Is your company certified by the Georgia Public Service Commission?
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- If so, what are the terms and length of the contract?
- Is there a fee for canceling the contract?
- Whom do I call for questions about my bill?
- Do you have 24-hour customer service? If not, what are your customer service hours?
- What is your bill-dispute policy?
- Do you have local walk-in offices?
- Whom do I call if I have trouble with service?
- Where can I pay my bill?
Charges and Billing
- Will I be charged a deposit or upfront costs?
- What are your pricing terms?
- What are your rates? Are they fixed or do they vary?
- What are your payment terms?
- When and how often do you bill?
- Will I be charged if I switch marketers?
- How often can I change marketers?
- What consumer services do you offer in addition to natural gas sales?
- Do you offer:
- A budget payment plan?
- Online bill payment?
- Paying by automatic bank draft?
- Discounts for seniors?